Jun 8, 2009

Project Hatrick

Project Hatrick is my second software company (I haven't chosen a real name yet). A hat trick is when a hockey player scores three goals in one game. Quite an accomplishment. Pulling off this project will take the same amount of skill and determination.

I'll be creating web-based conference registration software for a very niche and underserved market. The market potential for this is huge. Even if my software ends up being a total market failure, I'll be able to use it in my own job. I'm an advocate of eating your own dogfood; the best kind of software to build is the kind you can use yourself.

This is my second software business. I ran a shareware business during and after college and I have no misconceptions about how much work building the project and launching the business will be. My first software business was a lot of fun, and I think this one will be too.

There are two main purposes of this blog: to document my work and to keep myself motivated. I write for myself and don't really expect anyone else to be interested in my posts. But if my posts do happen to help another budding entrepreneur, great. I want this to be a day-by-day account of what it takes to start a new software business.

You can read about my day job at my other blog, Teaching Technically.

No comments:

Post a Comment