Jun 29, 2010

Much Progress!

I gained a lot of momentum today. I've previously completed most of the specs I need for my web app and I just put some finishing touches on them today. Then I set to work creating the database schema. I've been thinking about several different ways of doing this, and I picked up a book on high performance MySQL design and tuning.

I couldn't have just sat down and written a schema in one pass. This latest iteration is actually my third attempt. The others would have worked, but this one is clean and fast. Instead of using the GUI on MySQL Workbench, I typed teh SQL by hand. It went much faster this way and I enjoyed it more.

The last hour or so was spent getting the rewrite rules in .htaccess to work properly and writing a class to get all URL parameters passed in to my (yet to be built) framework. Getting this done was easier that I anticipated.

I have a few pressing things that need to get done for my school jobs, which I'll attend to tomorrow. Today I just wanted to get some momentum going on the project before summer is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment