Jul 19, 2010

Sustainable Competitive Advantage

Customers tell me that they love the simplicity and ease of use of my desktop product. That is definitely my competitive advantage. My number one goal for the web app is to maintain that at the expense of everything else. I'm taking the 37signals approach to simplicity.

I won't have a lot of time to work on the app in the next three weeks. I'm leaving on a trip to the Grand Canyon this Saturday, and much of this week will be spent preparing for that. I also want to get things finalized for the school store next fall and at least have some idea of how to start curriculum planning, which I'll do in August.

I'm also going to take a day this week to just do nothing except read a good book, becuase I haven't really had a down day on my summer vacation yet. Not that I'm complaining; I like being busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment