Aug 28, 2010

Not Bored Yet

After a relaxing weekend with friends and family, next weekend will be busy. It is workshop week at the high school. I'll be staying until 7:00 on Monday for orientation, I teach an evening class on Tuesday, and Thursday I'll be getting ready for an up north camping trip for Labor Day Weekend. Then it's right into teaching the following Tuesday.

I have a few spare hours tonight, so I'll spend the time getting ready for my high school classes. We're using JCreator with my AP Computer Science class, and I want to be sure that I can get it set up correctly. I still haven't decided if I'll be using workspaces and projects to organize the assignments or not yet.

I was able to make some progress on my web app last week, as well as starting up a Google AdWords campaign and adding some testimonials to my site. The advertising is really creating a surge in traffic and downloads. I assume that at least some of those will convert to sales.

The next steps for highschoolwebdesign.com are to finish formatting the first two sample chapters of my textbook and put together a survey of teachers who might be interested in using it in class. A release date of January 2011 would be cool if there is enough interest in the book, but I'm not sure if that's the case. So this is really the next thing on my list, but it will have to wait two weeks because of school.

No one is really reading this, are they?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joel! I read this ! It's kind of funny. I just got to your blog off from Facebook and I started reading about you teaching AP computer science and programing in Java.
    take a look at www.jpalio.com it's a company I'm with right now. we're actually going to take over the Java world since our framework is really uniqe ;-)

    take a look and tell me what you think ( the site will change soon but it is good for now)

    Take care!
    Julian/ probably the only Polish dude you know!

    ReplyDelete