Sep 29, 2010

Countdown To Launch

I knocked out about ten FogBugz items tonight. Some of these were things that I fixed and forgot to close, some I decided not to fix because I'm going a different direction with the app than I originally planned, and some were simple fixes to the code.

I'm finding that I'm overestimating the time required for most of my FogBugz issues by a factor of two. FogBugz says there are 238 remaining hours in my project; I think the actual completion time will be much less.

On the Events Index page, I need to make the search filter, which will be a bit more complicated than it was for the Members Index page. After that, I need to work on Event Types (creating, reading, updating, and deleting).

I'm very happy with the new visual design I've been working on. It's mostly all done, including the icons and buttons, but I'm sure I'll be making a few tweaks to it along the way.

So I realistically think that I can finish Events and Event Types by the end of next week.

Then, it's on to designing the calendar and main attendance screen. I'm blocking off the entire month of October for that.

November is reserved for creating the actual attendance reports.

Then I'm done! The first two weeks of December will be spent on deployment, and then beta testing can begin.

Since this is a web app, I don't need to have every last feature coded by launch day. For example, Consolidate Event Types was a rather fringe feature that was VERY useful to people who needed it, but not many did. Things like this I can leave out at first and code them later.

I'm happy to say that security has been a very big part of what I've been doing all along - the system seems rather unhackable to me - but I'd love some quality QA to prove me wrong (or better yet, prove me correct).

Beta in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment