Sep 13, 2010

Saving Events

I'm now working on the save method of the event model. This is going MUCH faster than the first couple of models I made. Now that I have a pattern to follow, filling in the blanks is quite easy. I've dome some refactoring to reduce code duplication in the process.

I need to make sure that the groups that the event is tied to actually belong to the user's organization and that the event type selected belongs to the user's organization as well.

Then I need to go through the process of unassiging the event from unchecked groups and assigning it to checked groups, making sure that at least one groups is selected (this business rule is already coded in the validation method).

It looks like Wednesday will be the next day to work on this. Tomorrow I'll be busy getting caught up on my grading. I'm still loving FogBugz for my task tracking.

I'm a bit more optimistic about my initial release date than I was about a month ago. Progress now is MUCH faster than it was at the beginning, and I only have a few more models left. I'm hoping to be done with Beta 1.0 before Christmas. It will be close but I do think it's possible. I've cut back on a lot of planned features for the initial release, and I do plan on adding them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment