Dec 2, 2010

Feature Complete

I have all of the features coded that I planned for my Phase 1 release, otherwise known as my MVP (Minimum Viable Product). The feature list is about fifty lines long, but here are the highlights:
- Members can sign themselves in at the computer
- Both events and members can be tied to multiple groups
- Five different attendance report views allow users to filter by date, group, and event type
- Private and public event calendar
- Email particular members, particular groups, or all members attending a particular event.
- Print sign-in forms, membership rosters, and reports from your browser.
- Cool, slick design and highly secure

There's a ton of stuff I'd still love to add:
- Recurring events
- Track families
- Track fines and fees
- Add one more layer of grouping for members (this is needed for stage managers)
- Online event registration
- Prearranged absences
- Bulk text messaging
- Event integration with Facebook and Google Calendar
- File sharing
- Documents tied to events (ex: agendas, minutes, performance report, rehearsal report)
- Print membership directories (with addresses) and mailing labels
- Plus a host of usability enhancements

But really, the bulk of the value people will get from this program is there. I started my first usability tests a month ago and am ready to start the second round while I fix some known bugs.

Next week I'll be opening a bank account and setting up my online payment gateway.

So in other words I'm getting very close to launching!

I think I'll postpone launching until after the holidays - my marketing campaign will be more effective then - and it will give me some time to maybe bang out a few more features on the list above.

No comments:

Post a Comment