Jun 22, 2009

AP Computer Science Teacher Training

Today was my first day of AP Computer Science teacher training. Yesterday, I wrote that I was worried about some of the other teachers being cluesless about CompSci. Actually, the other teachers taking the class were pretty knowledgeable. The pace of the class was good. I'd heard everything before, but I haven't touched Java in about three years, so it was a really good refresher.

There was one other teacher in the class who was kind of funny. The professor was explaining the difference between primitive types and objects, and the difference between pointers and variables. "That has something to do with inheritence, right?" said the funny teacher.

Actually, any time a topic was brought up that was beyond this teacher's knowledge, he said that it was "related to inheritence." He asked when we'd cover "advanced topics like inheritence".

My conclusion is that INHERITENCE is the last chapter that this teacher read in his Intro To Java book, and that it therefore must be a really advanced topic, and that all of the advanced topics he's never hear of before is "sort of like inheritence".

Strangely, after studying Java all day I don't really feel like coding PHP tonight. This will be a good chance for me to tweak the UI. The coffee shop closes in two hours. Best get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment