Jun 20, 2009

Authorization and Bugs

CakePHP comes with a built-in authorization component which helps defend against CSRF attacks. It's working great with Firefox but not with IE7. There must be something about how IE7 handles cookies that CakePHP doesn't like. I'll have to look into this.

I finally installed bug tracking software today. My initial choice, The Bug Genie, didn't work out so well, so I went with an open source product called Mantis. It's great. I already have 17 open issues (I was using Notepad to track this until now). I'm going to resolve these issues before I move on to developing additional functionality.

Many of these issues deal with refactoring, some are deployment notes (there are big differences between a dev environment and a production environment) and some are enhancements. Only one or two are bona fide bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment