Jun 26, 2009

Incremental UI Improvements

I puttered away about two hours today marginally improving the UI. The colors go together better and I made a minor improvement to how the navigation tabs look. You could really waste a lot of time playing around with the UI if you're not careful. Also, because of the MVC approach that CakePHP follows, making UI changes really is trivial, even after the application code has been written.

So I'm semi-more satisfied with the UI for now and I'll make a commitment not to touch it again until the last week of the summer. If I do have ideas for UI improvements, I'll put them into my bug database.

What I really need to do is hire a designer. Unfortunately I have no money. Maybe there will be some nice advisor or student who'd be willing to help with this for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment