Jul 20, 2009

Competitor

My business pretty much depends on a single customer. Last week I found out that I have a major competitor. Either he gets the account or I do. It's an all or nothing game. My competitor is further along in the development process than I am, plus he has been communicating extensively with the customer. I've been communicating with the customer as well, but I really think the other guy beat me to it.

For these reasons, I'm scrapping my original business idea and will put development of the software on hold.

However, all is not lost. What I have done so far are users, permissions, sessions, authentication, and a UI framework. This is the first part of what needs to be built for any web application.

Fortunately, I have a few other business ideas, and I can use what I've built already for any of those projects. I'm going to take a few weeks off to decide exactly what direction I'd like to go. But I have a big asset in the work I've already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment