May 21, 2010

Daily Journaling

I like to write. I tried writing a blog in conjunction with my software business this year, but it didn't work out too well. I was always thinking about what results I'd get from each post, which pretty much defeated the purpose of writing for me.

For me, writing lets me sort through my thoughts, reflect and debrief on events, record notes to myself that will be useful later, and provide a record of what I've been spending my time doing. I plan on going back to daily posts on this blog this summer and using my business blog only for product annoucements and similar news.

Here are my plans for the summer:

  1. Create a web application to be released in September. I have a very good idea of what the web app will do but prefer to stay in stealth mode for a while longer. It will NOT by any of these: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/websites_stop. It will provide actual utility to many people, myself included. It's best to write software that you will use yourself.
  2. I have some writing projects in the pipeline. Again, stealth mode.
  3. AP Computer Science training in June.
  4. Two week road trip to the Grand Canyon in July.
  5. Daily exercise, mostly mountain biking.
  6. Hit as many airshows and fly-ins as humanly possible. Do as much water skiing as humanly possible.
  7. Grow a garden.
  8. Read three books.
  9. Plan for fall classes.

The plan for this blog is to write short, daily entries to document the summer. Hooray. Yay for blogging fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment