May 29, 2010

Targeting a UI

I'm a fan of Don't Copy What You Can Steal, as long as doing so is legal. There are lots and lots of web apps out there, and UX is now a solved problem. We pretty much know what works and what doesn't. Rather than re-invent the wheel, I'm looking at successful web app companies for inspiration for my UI.

I'm very much in the pre-design phase. I've developed concepts of four different prototypes, just to see what feels rights. I think I've finally settled on one which is largely inspired by a successful web app to remain nameless.

Being Memorial Day Weekend, I don't plan on working on my business too much, if at all. My goal is to have a UI prototype and she UML docs ready to go before summer so I can start pounding away at code. All of the analysis for the app is done, except for a few details regarding users, accounts, and groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment