Jun 13, 2010

Website Credibility and Conversion Rates

I've been overestimating the importance of traffic and underestimating the importance of comversion rates. If I can increase my conversion rates a mere 0.5%, my revenue will double. This goal is easily achievable. The price point of my new software app will be higher than the current one by a factor of two, and increased spending on advertising will triple the traffic I get. These factors combined will result in an approximate tenfold increase in revenue, and none of these things are very difficult to pull off.

The following factors will help increase conversion rates and credibility:
- Displaying a physical address as the location of my business
- Displaying a phone number for my business
- Continually updating the site with recent content
- The author's name and credentials are listed
- Having a clear single call to action on each page

Of course there are many other factors but I want to make sure to remember these.

No comments:

Post a Comment