Jul 2, 2010

Goals For Today

The MVC portion of my framework is nearly complete. The only trouble I ran into was getting views within views. I decided to take the same approach that Wordpress does - making the header and footer separate files, including them on every request, and then sandwiching the main content file in between.

I thought I was sure how I wanted the UI to look. In the past two years or so, I've prototypes about six different possible layouts. I thought I settled on one, but when I looked back at my previous attempts, one of them looks more appealing. It will be quite easy for me to skin the application. I think I'll do that and defer the decision as to which layout to use. I would like some other people's opinions on the matter as well.

So for today, I want to get the skinning system working and then it's off to the races coding up the first feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment