Jul 6, 2010

Have We Been Here Before?

I got a lot of good things done on the first day back from my vacation. I got sessions working with HTTP only session cookies and shared memory as the storage engine. I'm checking every request for a consistent user agent; I'm checking requests for protected resources for an authenticated and active session; and I'm checking updating requests for a POST command and matching CSRF token. I also have the validation working on my Users model and just need to pass that data on to the view. The code structure that I'm using in my models, views, and controllers is very similar to what it was when I was using pre-made frameworks. I have to say that using my own homemade framework is much better in many ways. I also got some cool jQuery effects going on my signup form. Tomorrow, I'll continue working on the validation, hopefully making my first database inserts with parameterized queries, and trying to put a different skin on my app – I already have one designed, and my framework was built to make the task of switching skins easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment