Jul 10, 2010

I'm Inserting Stuff!

I'm making a lot of progress on my first feature, Sign Up For New Account. The system is creating a new organization, group, and member. The database inserts with parameterized queries are working wonderfully! PDO is a very nice tool to work with; I'm glad I chose it over mysqli, and I'm glad I'm not using a third party abstraction layer.

This will probably the last I work on the system until Monday.

One reason for blogging to so I don't come to September and say, "what the heck did I do all summer?" So before I forget, here is also some of the fun things I've been doing besides working on my new program:

St. Cloud airshow
Duluth airshow
Camping in Duluth
Kayaking on the Brule River
Brainer for the Fourth of July
Tubing on the Apple River
AP Computer Science Training
Saw Cats! At the Orpheum
Saw a community theater production of Oliver!
Biking nearly every day
Picnic in St. Cloud

So it's been a good summer so far, the second half should be just as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment