Sep 16, 2010

Traffic!

Doubling my advertising budget has greatly increased the traffic to my bestattendance.com website. The conversion rate on my pay-per-click ads is about 10%, which I think is quite good. There will be about a month of lag time before these downloads convert to sales.

After the website redeign, I've increased my position on Google search results. I was already quite high in Bing and Yahoo. Organic traffic has therefore increased as well.

The next obvious step is to expand my site by adding more resources to it. Either articles, attendance forms, slideshows, or other resources will help with SEO and even further grow organic traffic. I've set a goal to produce two new resources for the site each month.

Traffic to highschoolwebdesign.com has increased greatly as well. I get over 5,000 unique visitors a month to that site, and traffic levels are still growing. I haven't done anything to monetize the site yet - it is just a free resource for teachers now, although I might implement some monetization plans soon. Everything is ready, I just basically have to pull the trigger.

I'm still struggling with what the purpose of that site is. Is it to provide a service to teachers or is it to make money? The two are not mutually exclusive, of course, but I feel a definite lack of a clear vision for that enterprise.

I've recently decided that mini-sites will be a big part of my marketing strategy moving forward. My attendance software is used in many niches. Rather than consolidating all of the marketing messages into one site, I'm going to try separating them out and let each niche compete on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment