Dec 22, 2010

Launching January 1

Well, I definitely made some progress today. I fixed two bugs, one of which was due to an incredibly stupid mistake with PDO, and it was difficult to track down because it was intermittent. Got it though. I do think that the app could benefit from some more testing. I’m considering spending the extra $40 or so it would cost for 8 hours of functional testing. I think it would be worth it.

I do have the dashboard done, and everything in the app is generally production ready.

Today I spent some time researching tax issues for my business. I have the estimated and self employment tax all figured out. I got a state tax ID number so that I can collect sales taxes to subscriptions delivered to Minnesota customers. I probably won’t get any; my sales tax liability is extremely low, but I have the tax ID number now just in case I do get accounts from Minnesota.

Yesterday I was approved for a merchant account. My authorize.net account is all set up, and I just have to hook it up to my Chargify service. I have a checklist of things I need to complete before I launch, but it’s getting shorter. I’ve decided to finish the checklist before I start work on any new features. I won’t start advertising or collecting orders until after the new year. Partially this is to make the tax reporting and accounting easier; partially, it’s because sales in December for software are usually quite terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment