Apr 16, 2011

SEO

I got a lot done in just a few hours today. First, I made some security enhancements to my database to make potential attacks against it much more difficult.

The bulk of my work centered on SEO. Rather than link building, I'm on a new project to add lots and lots of pages to my site which are optimized for very specific search terms. Patrick McKenzie has had great success with this method with his Bingo Card Creator software.

I was just able to create one such page today because much of my time was spent designing the layout. I now have a really good template to go off of, so I'd like to add more pages at the rate of about three per week.

I also started a new Adwords campaign. This campaign was specifically for keywords with very little competition that are very relevant to my site. Depending on how this goes, I have many more lists of similar keywords that I'll be trying.

The last thing to note is that I'm at the point where I really need to be tracking my conversions more closely. I'm getting traffic from Adwords, Microsoft Advertising, organic searches, and Facebook. I need a much better way to track where the sales are coming from. My next step will be to set up conversion trracking for each of these systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment