Apr 14, 2011

Focus

Last summer, this blog really helped me focus on my business. As a single founder, I don't have a boss to report to, but I still needed some accountability. Knowing that I had to update this blog every two days (a self-imposed rule) really motivated to actually get stuff done.

I launched my web app in January and am already turning a profit, not counting advertising expenses. The key to success will be perseverance over the long term. I think that three years from now, with slow and steady growth, the business will be in a really good place. Since three years will pass whether or not I decide to work on the business, it only makes sense to do it.

The school year has been very busy, allowing me to only make slow and incremental changes to the business. As long as this is done consistently, I don't see that as a problem. My FogBugz list is chock full of stuff that I want to get done this summer. I'd like to do a bit of consulting work this summer as well.

During the school year, I'll be lucky to post here every two weeks or so. This summer, though, I'm planning on regular posts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment