Jun 18, 2009

Some Success!!

I was able to put in a good five hours of work today. I had a few frustrating problems, two of which ended up being a result of silly typos. Those little mistakes can drive you nuts. I had a small bit of success. I successfully added the first row to the Users table in my database! I don't have validation or anything working, but still! Yay!

CakePHP makes it super easy to make CRUD applications. I mean super easy. If I had to hand code everything that Cake does for me, I'd easily have another eight hours of work to do.

I'm already accumulating a bit of technical debt, and I'm keeping a careful journal of all of the refactoring that I already need to do. I want to get the user model semi-working first, and then I'll spend some time on the refactoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment